Current Gallery Exhibit
Canton’s Village Theater To Exhibit "Expressions: A Portrait Collection By Mary's Artists"
The Village Theater at Cherry Hill is pleased to exhibit "Expressions: A Portrait Collection by Mary's Artists," a group art exhibit featuring works from over a dozen artists, now through August 30, 2017.
A special artist’s reception and meet & greet will be held on Tuesday, August 8 from 7-9 p.m. at The Village Theater that is free and open to the public.
Featured artists include: Kathleen Boettcher, Candace Brancik, Carole Cooper, Barbara Eko Murphy, Daria Fileta, Sara Hadley, Janet Kondziela, Kathleen McNamee, Kathleen Montgomery, Lynn Newman, Kathleen W. O’Connell, Jane O’Dell, Susan Perrish, Karen Schlanderer, and Mary Step. Artwork includes over 40 life drawings and paintings.
Mary’s Artists represents more than 20 artists who attend weekly life studio sessions at Mary Step’s Studio in Novi, MI. Founded 10 years ago, this unique work space was created after Barbara Eko Murphy and Mary Step met at the Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center and formed a life drawing group. Mary provides the studio, hires models and collects costumes and props. Barbara leads, coordinates and encourages the artists to show their art in solo and juried art shows.
Mary’s Artists work each week from a live costumed model and in a variety of media to include: oils, watercolors, acrylics, pastels, charcoals, and inks. Each artist’s interpretation is uniquely his/her own and many are award winners. A few artists have degrees in Fine Art, others have taken classes at Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center, Visual Arts Association of Livonia, and a variety of workshops with national artists. All artists are committed to the art community found at Mary Step’s Studio and to the value of painting from life.
Mary’s Artists find that their mix of gender, age, religion, heritage, education, and other differences blend well to form a wonderful art community and studio experience. Art is a common passion but a splash of humor and friendship add to the experience.
Each week at the studio you will find creative art souls gathering to drink coffee, discuss news and make art. Life Drawing and Painting are invaluable to the artists as they collaborate with models to create masterpieces. Mary’s Artists hope that the viewer feels inspired when attending our collective portrait show.This current art exhibit at the Gallery@VT is free and open to the public: Monday – Friday 10 am – 2 pm, one hour prior to and during public performances at the theater, as well as by appointment. The Gallery@VT is closed on holidays. The gallery is located at 50400 Cherry Hill Rd., Canton, MI, 48187. For more information about this latest exhibit, please call 734/394-5300.
Acting the Part - Barbara Eko Murphy
Amid The Flowers - Sara Hadley
Cecelia - Daria Fileta
Peasant - Carole Cooper
Ruff - Kathleen McNamee
Socialite - Candace Brancik
Tahitian - Janet Kondziela
The Gallery @ VT: Art Exhibition Schedule
- August: “Expressions, an Artist Portrait Collection” by Tuesdays at Mary’s - Women Artists Collaborative Group
- September: "Home" by Sharlene Welton - Paintings
- October: 25th Annual Fine Arts Exhibition
- November: “Grrrls Like Us” - Colored Pencil Drawings featuring artists: Mariel Collins & Andrea Arbit
- December: Ann Arbor Fiber Arts Guild
- January: "Ron DePentu Retrospective Exhibition" by Ron DePentu - Interfaith Quilt - Interfaith Community Outreach (ICO) Displayed in Lobby
- February: Ray Goss - Drawings and Paintings
- March: Mustapha Kandouz - Paintings
- April: "Diversity" - A Photography Exhibit Celebrating Our Cultural and Creative Diversity
- May: "A World of Animals" by Nick Bair - Paintings and Drawings
- June: Bailee Soper - Photography
- July: "Impressionism, Sculpture/Paint" by Dario Pabon
- August: "People See-People Do" by Kay Masini - Paintings
- September: Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild
- October: 26th Annual Fine Arts Exhibition
- November: "Food for the Soul" - Collaborative Exhibit
- December: Jeremy Rheault - Paintings
Free and open to the public on most weekdays (except Township holidays) 10 am to 2 pm, during all public performances and by calling 734/394-5308, for an appointment. Schedule subject to change without notice.