Liberty Fest Contests
The Canton Commission for Culture, Arts & Heritage is hosting a special Cultural Arts Coloring Contest for a chance to win a pair of Village Theater Season Passes, valued at approximately $324.
Entry into this contest is easy! Just stop by the Cultural Commission's booth on Saturday, June 15, from 1 - 8 p.m. to pick up a coloring contest page and then share you masterpiece online with #2019CantonCulturalCreations by June 19th at 5 p.m.
Can't make it to the festival? Download one of the pictures here and enter by the deadline above.
Remember to share your masterpiece online with #2019CantonCulturalCreations by June 19th at 5 p.m. Learn more about the Canton Commission for Culture, Arts and Heritage.
Canton Artist Laureate Program Details
Canton Township supports cultural opportunities and education initiatives that foster excellence, diversity, and vitality in the arts. Because Canton is a great place for the arts, the Canton Commission for Culture, Arts and Heritage is currently raising money to annually select a visual Artist Laureate.
This new initiative will help enrich the lives of the people of Canton by fostering and promoting the fine arts within our community.
In addition to receiving honor, distinction, and financial support for being the Canton Artist Laureate, each year’s selected artist will engage in the following:
- Creating permanent artwork for the people of Canton
- Engaging in a variety of public service to advance the arts in the Canton community
- Serving as Canton’s ambassador for the arts online and around the region.
- Receiving monetary support to encourage the continuing development of the artist’s work and production of new works reflecting Canton Township’s culture and heritage.
Learn how you can get involved and support the Canton Artist Laureate Program at www.canton-mi.org/181.
For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 Canton Cultural Contest Arts officIal rules:
- This is a skill-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of winning.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- This contest is open to all ages. Winner cannot be a member of the Cultural Commission.
- Contest begins June 15, 2019, at 1 p.m. EST and ends June 19, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. EST.
- To enter, share your artwork online with #2019CantonCulturalCreations no later than June 19, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. EST.
- Limit one (1) entry per person.
- All entries must be original and entirely created by the entrant. There are no restrictions on what an entrant can use to color the image.
- Entries will be judged by members of the Canton Commission for Culture, Arts, and Heritage based on creativity, coloring skill and overall artistic ability.
- One winner will be determined by the judges in their sole discretion. The decisions of the judges will be final and binding in all respects.
- The prize will be awarded to the artist of the selected entry no later than Monday, June 24th.
- Prize: Winner will receive two 2019 Season Passes to The Village Theater at Cherry Hill, featuring Canton Produced Productions only (valued at approximately $324) .
- No response of prize notification by June 30th may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- All entries become the property of Canton Township and may be used or reproduced in any manner and for any purpose without additional consent or compensation, and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- By participating, contest entrants: (1) represent that they have complied with these Official Contest Rules; (2) have received parental consent in the case of a minor and grant Canton Township the right to use his or her name and artwork, and (3) release Canton Township from all liability in connection with this contest.
- Canton Township reserves the right to disqualify anyone who attempts to tamper or otherwise interfere with the proper functioning of this contest.
Liberty Fest Step Challenge
Let's Walk a Million Steps Together!
Do you typically put a lot of miles on your sneakers during Liberty Fest? Us too! This year, the Festival Committee wants to reward you for all the fitness that you’re mixing in with all the fun you're having June 13-15!
Here’s how to join the challenge:
- Scan this QR code or find the code on the Step Challenge signs located throughout the park during Liberty Fest.
- Create a profile on the Challenge Runner website or app.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top walkers each day (one prize awarded per contestant).
Compatible with: Apple Health, Fitbit, Garmin, Google Fit, Misfit, Omron, Polar, Nokia, and Samsung Health.
Winners will be notifies via email by June 18 at noon.