The Canton Clerk's Office is now accepting applications for the position of precinct inspector. The position of precinct inspector is limited to working on designated election days in the Charter Township of Canton. Inspectors must be a qualified, registered voter within Wayne County and a United States Citizen.
Precinct inspector must be able to:
- Work closely with others
- Assemble simple voting stations
- Read and write legibly in the English language
- Perform simple math calculations
- Follow instructions provided by the precinct chairperson
- Possess inter-personal skills to work with a diverse community population
- Attend an educational training program (mandatory prior to working an election)
Election Inspector Application
Follow this link to apply to be an Election Inspector: https://bit.ly/2Oe62fy Opens in New Window
You can click here to view/download the Canton Township Election Inspector Manual. Opens in New Window
Also, a great resource for Election Inspectors is the State of Michigan's website at: https://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1633_11976---,00.html
Finally, you can watch helpful videos here: https://www.youtube.com/user/MigovBOE/playlists
Y Opens in New Window Opens in New Window Opens in New Window Opens in New Window Opens in New Win Opens in New Window Opens in New Wind Opens in New Window Opens in New Win Opens in New Window Opens in New Window Opens in New Window
The Charter Township of Canton does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.