Aquatic Center Update as of October 7, 2020:
The Summit on the Park’s Aquatic Center is currently closed for major renovations and is expected to re-open in early 2021.
After careful consideration of the requirements for re-opening our recreation center’s pool after being closed under state orders, Summit staff felt that it would be difficult to do so to just turn around and have to close again so soon. Once we reviewed the Summit’s Capital Improvement Projects slated for 2021, the decision was made to proceed with these major renovations in 2020, as opposed to re-opening now and then having to schedule a future closure again so soon for these significant renovations.
This $1.5 million renovation project will include replacement of the copper roof over the indoor Aquatic Center, as well as the iconic spire, located on the roof of the Summit on the Park. Additional enhancements include: replacement of skylights, updated tile in locker rooms and sauna, as well as significant tile replacement in all pools, as well as on pool decks. For more information, contact the Summit front desk at 734/394-5460.
The Aquatic Center is a fun-filled water environment for people of all ages! The Aquatic Center features a:
- 5-lane, 25-yard lap pool (lanes range from 3 feet to 5 feet in depth)
- Lazy river and water slide
- Sauna room
- Steam room
- Zero-depth leisure pool with play features such as a 30 inch water slide
Aquatic Center Activities
The Aquatic Center is open approximately 100 hours per week for activities such as lap swimming, fitness classes, swimming lessons, and open swim. We offer everything from parent/child aquatic exploration to adult swim and fitness programs.
- Aquatic Center Schedule and Descriptions (PDF): TBA
Aquatic Fitness Classes
The Summit on the Park offers a variety of aquatic fitness classes in both the lazy river and the lap pool. Classes include:
- Aqua Tone
- Aqua Kickbox
- Gentle Aqua
- Intermediate River Blast
- At least one lane will be open during all times that the aquatic center is open.
- Lap lanes can accommodate several swimmers and lane sharing is expected; please circle swim counterclockwise.
- Lap swimmers are required to swim continuous laps and cannot stop or stand in the lanes. Lifejackets and fitness equipment are not permitted in the lap pool; fins and hand paddles are permitted when there are no more than 2 people in a lane.
- It is recommended that guests wishing to swim laps come during lap swim only.
- During Lap Swim times guests must be at least 12 years old and will be expected to swim continuous laps. However if the child can pass a swim test they can remain lap swimming as long as the parent stays poolside.
Parent Tot Swim
- Modified sessions are the best times for parents with small children, seniors and lap swimmers to enjoy our lap and leisure pools.
- The lap and leisure pools are usually open although classes may be conducted there.
- The water slide and lazy river will not be open and the features will not be on during any swim or fitness classes.
- All pools including the water slide, lazy river and leisure pool will be used for open swim activities.
- Under certain circumstances (such as slow times or staff shortages) the aquatic staff will alternate opening the slide and lazy river.
- The lazy river is open for River Walking ONLY.
- No equipment or instructor is used. Walking will be in one direction only, as directed by the lifeguard on duty.
- For the safety of all guests, every 15 minutes lifeguards will direct participants to change walking directions.
- We strongly encourage guests to wear aqua shoes or white socks.
- River is approximately 60 yards around: 32 laps is one mile.